Monday, May 18, 2009

Where in the world is Vidor?

...Texas! Even some people from Texas don't know Vidor (rhymes with spider)is in Texas. I'm in Austin now, but I spent a couple of days in Vidor because it was the halfway point between New Orleans and Austin. No site seeing to be had,there. It is right outside Beaumont Texas which I did drive to. Beaumont is very nice.

I've discovered that I love the way people use ma'am and sir, here. It seems everyone addresses each other this way. It doesn't have the same feeling it does at home where I feel old when someone says it. It somehow sounds so pleasant when someone says "well, yes ma'aam we can do that" or "no ma'aam we don't have that here". No just doesn't seem as bad. I think, "Oh, okay..." and walk away enamored with the etiquette forgetting I can't have the thing I asked for.

...And the deepest point I pondered today? Is the soap labeled "facial" ,at the hotel, really different from the soap labeled "body"? Until tonite I would have said yes, but my TV isn't working and it gave me a chance to investigate this little tidbit and at least in this hotel, I find them to be identical...hmm.. what's that all about?

I am staying in 3 different parts of Texas so there will be more about Texas (Austin) coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment