Monday, June 8, 2009

New Mexico

Here I am, New Mexico!!
Alot of you know this is my fourth visit and I am here to visit my very dear friend Eileen.

The ride from San Antonio was 13 hours. I packed my lunch and dinner and told myself when I started that I would take it one step at a time and if I needed to stop overnight I would. The driving felt really easy so I continued. This is where I got to see exactly how big Texas is. I drove through miles and miles of ranches and then miles and miles of desert land with oil digging devises bobbing up and down, up and down. There were miles and miles of vast land;acres of windmills, too.

It just didn't seem to end...until it did.

The reason I needed to take it one hour at a time is that the drive into Taos (which is on a mountain) is very steep and that would mean the last 1 or 2 hours of the drive would be climbing that mountain on those steep and windy roads with my little trusty 4 cylinder car. So as dinner time approached and I reached a new time zone, I stopped, got gas, had dinner and really felt like, "Okay, God, I think I can do this, so lets try".I really felt like I was familiar enough with the mountain. I didn't think there was anything that would make it more difficult than rain and it wasn't raining so I decided to go for it. Let's just say I didn't consider everything.

There really is something magical about New Mexico, just being surrounded by the mountains and that sweet smell of sage(especially strong because it had rained that day). There is a sacredness to being here. I could feel it as I approached the mountain. I had a lightness about me.At one point there was a lake with mountains surrounding it; the sun was starting to set and I couldn't believe how beautiful the mountains reflecting in the water with the sun setting, looked. There were orange and yellow blankets holding me close. It felt warm and lovely.

As I was driving I noticed the "God Rays"(which I call the rays of sun shining through clouds) pouring through. I felt like I was being called, lifted right out of my car! It was unbelievable! I was being hugged by the universe! I started taking pictures while driving just hoping against hope they'd give you some idea of what I was feeling.
I felt the presence of God so clearly I was jumping out of my skin and had an intense need to dance. I kept feeling it until I finally said, "What's stopping you?" So I pulled over to the side of the road, grabbed my camera (in case someone drove by and wondered why I was out of my car;this picture is the spot I danced in) turned up the music and just started dancing my head off!! I was giddy with the freedom of it!!!




I felt exhilarated as I started up the mountain. The route AMOS (gps) took me was unfamiliar. I didn't realize there was more than one way up. I went through a town I didn't recognize.It got really dark and foggy; it rained a little. Because of the clouds there was no moon to guide me. I started to get scared and wanted company so I looked for music on radio, no stations coming in, no luck. Finally, I relaxed into the ride and realized that as dark as it was, I wasn't alone. I had Guidance and it would be okay, just take it slow. So, step by step, very slowly I continued. As I really started to relax and turn a corner, the headlights caught a glimpse of a deer off to my right, beautiful. I continued along and as it got steeper, I got a bit more anxious, talked myself down;got relaxed and to my right was a large ELK walking next to the car; See?Guided!

The trip made me realize, again,I can think I am planning for one kind of journey but I don't know what will crop up. So pay attention to the signs along the way! There are always lots of little surprises if we're present for the "ride".
This whole trip? Different than I thought it would be and MUCH BETTER....



I got to Eileen's house and she had just come home from playing at "The Bistro" where she plays piano Saturday nights.I was drained. She said, "Want to get in the hottub and look at the stars?" Uh, Yaah!! So we did and that was the beginning.


I have been here for a while and have lots to share and soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment