Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Return home...



The drive home was very emotional for me. Every time I thought about driving down my street, I cried. When I got to the house the first thing I saw was this sign.My mother came down the stairs and we tearfully, hugged. AAAH! What a great feeling to get that big hug! I was so happy to see her! We had a wonderful reunion!


Do you remember the little red house, I mentioned, across the street? It's grey. I felt a twinge when I saw it but it was a gentle reminder that the most natural thing in the world is change; one of life's guarantees!

My first morning home, I went with my mom to her art lesson. Her art teacher, Andy, a lovely man, had asked for "red rock" from Red Rock Country. I brought it to him and we stayed and chatted. When I turned out of his street to leave I saw a huge turtle to my right!! Can you imagine? I honestly have no idea what possessed me to put my camera in the car but I had it.
I couldn't pass by what had become a beautiful totem in my life.I made a U-Turn, ran across the street and took a few pictures. Everything comes full circle.



I decided I wanted to meet and thank my AAA angel, Kellyn, in person. I had 2 reasons for the visit. First,we had spoken regularly during my 6 months away and created a real bond. Second, I don't often have the luxury of gushing about someone's excellent service (and in this case I did) so I wanted to deliver a letter to her boss commending Kellyn on the amazing service she provided.Not only did she make sure each destination was as safe as possible, she also came to know what I needed and continually went to any lengths to find it.It was invaluable to me. I wrote the letter, bought a bouquet of flowers and off to Rhode Island I went. Kellyn had no idea I was coming so I was very excited to surprise her. When I got there,the man at the front desk called her and told her she had a package to pick up.It was so much fun to watch her come around the corner. She was shocked! We gave each other a big hug and I got the chance to thank her in person.
Her boss called me that afternoon and asked for a copy of the picture. She is going to put it in the AAA Member magazine with a portion of the letter I wrote about Kellyn. Fun!


There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning."Louis L'Amour...I can stare at the door that has closed or look forward to the several that will open. I have tremendous peace. I get to both grieve the end of my trip and feel tremendous joy for the experience I've had. What's next? That seems to be the question people are asking. Answer? I don't know. What I do know is that some of the best moments on my trip started with "I don't know"; I don't know where I am. I don't know where I want to go next. I don't know how long I'll stay. So many of those moments led to divine appointments and I know that this "I don't know", will,too. I don't know where my life is going but I trust wherever it is, it's where I'm supposed to be.

So, this is it. I'm home!
I want to thank all of you for following my journey. It really touched me that you took care and interest in my blog. I have loved writing to you, all!

And as we know...

"More will be revealed"...

No comments:

Post a Comment