Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Lancaster, PA March 24,2009

Hello from Lancaster, PA, pronounced "Lank-ister" by the locals. It was a beautiful drive yesterday and a beautiful day... The GPS didn't like me because I decided to ignore her and take a more scenic route. She finally gave up and recalculated to see it my way. It all worked out.
I have to say, the transition from being in a warm, loving home to ventures unknown was a little scary. I see how this journey is becoming a big lesson in letting go of outcomes. I spent some time worrying about "whatever".. yesterday, it doesn't even matter what and when I went out for a drive to find something to eat, I got lost. I ended up in a neighborhood where there was a big church that I only noticed because the sign said: "Give up worry for Lent, trust divine providence". I felt like the sea parted. It was great! I also saw a sign that said "NO Matter What". Some of you blog followers know what that meant to me... So needless to say, I am trying not to figure too much out and just let things happen...

I did, however, figure out my camera last night so I am off to Paradise today. Hoping to take a tour and get a taste of the Amish way of life.

I am also going to look for my first interview. It might be the guy at the front desk. He was such an old curmudgeon and believe me it was not the response I was looking for after driving 4 hours. It ended up okay and I think he'll be an interesting interview if he's willing. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment