Thursday, March 26, 2009

Rehoboth Beach, Delaware March 27,2009

Well, I arrived in Rehoboth beach March 25th around 2pm. I went right down to the beach, before even finding a place to stay. It was amazing. The waves were huge. I walked down and had my lunch, just happy to make it safely to another destination. It looks like a great place to come for a summer vacation. It's off season now,just starting to get busy... so I am here to watch it wake up..It reminds me of a cross between P-town and Hampton Beach. Quaint with eclectic people and shops and a huge boardwalk like Hampton Beach. When it's in season I bet it is amazing.

It was rainy and gloomy yesterday and I felt pretty lonely and found myself figity and wondering why I was doing this. Needless to say, I went out in the rain and walked the boardwalk then went to a little restaurant for breakfast. I always feel better once I get out of my own way and meet people and again, people are just genuine and really open to talking. Yesterday I met a woman and we struck up a conversation so I asked her if she'd be willing to be interviewed. She took a day to think about it since I wouldn't tell her the topic,but, yes folks, I finally had my first interview. It was GREAT..story for another time, but it felt invigorating and I am never disapppointed when I listen to how people feel about the topic I'm asking about. It reminds me that I am on this trip for lots of reasons some of which I may not even know yet.
Today, it is sunny and beautiful and I am on my way down to the boardwalk. Just thought I'd soak up the atmosphere on a sunny day before leaving. I touched base with my friend at my next destination and I'll be going there tomorrow morning.

I have to tell you, this has been quite an experience. NOT for ONE SECOND do I take for granted how grateful I am to be on this trip. It is a once in a lifetime adventure. At the same time I am letting myself accept all the feelings that come up good and bad. I keep having these experiences of letting go and things working out. I am just letting go more and more of figuring out what should happen next and trust that whatever does happen is exactly what is suposed to...

Maybe I'll have a picture later.

No comments:

Post a Comment