Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Olney, Maryland March 31,2009

Here I am in Olney, Maryland. I got here Saturday afternoon. I went over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge on the way. It was long and beautiful in the mist. I couldn't see too far in front of me so it was just trusting that the next part would appear when I got to it... Just like everything on this journey.

I am visiting a friend and her family. They have been so generous with their space and time.I feel so welcomed and am very grateful to them.

I have started work this week so that is something that feels familiar. I am getting to know my way around this area. It is so funny getting to know a new community and becoming part of it for a few days; grocery stores, banks, etc. Being in the flow of a different place and no one really knowing that I am here for the experience and then I'll be gone. They'll all continue on their path and I'll continue on mine. I am so conscious and curious about what people around me are doing. I feel part of and outside at the same time.

At a meeting last night, the speaker started with: "Happiness is loving life exactly as it is".YUP...It reminds me not to just accept life on life's terms like its drudgery but learning to find peace and joy in the reality of whatever "is". How long did I try to make life live on my terms? Yikes...talk about impossible. I am happy to say that I am slowly letting go of this struggle and that is where the serenity is for me.I keep on trusting and letting go...Letting go to the next adventure, whatever that brings...

And today it brings D.C. I am going this afternoon. It will be one of the only nice days of the week and I want to see the Cherry Blossoms. It is peak season starting this week so I am excited. I've always wanted to be here this time of year. Hopefully I'll have some pictures later.

No comments:

Post a Comment