Thursday, April 9, 2009

What a difference a day makes!


Well, Sunday was sunny and 80 and Monday-Wednesday were 35 and snowy. Someone here told me that since Ashville is surrounded by the mountains the weather has its own little pattern. Very unpredictable and does strange things.

I ended up going to hang out in the town, a quaint town with lots of folk art and galleries. There are cafe's and shops everywhere. I also met some nice people there.It seems like alot of people are from somewhere else;lots of transplants.

I am also happy to say I took a couple more rides on the BlueRidge Parkway and it has been beautiful. It isn't as scary on this side of the Parkway or I am getting used to it. As a matter of fact I was on the Parkway today. It was sunny and I wanted to go to the NC Arboretum which I had heard about. There is a natural garden,a bonsai exhibit and lots of hiking trails. I drove up there, went for a hike and just hung out.

There was also a bat exhibit and I found out the one fact I wanted to know. NO, bats won't get stuck in our hair. Growing up and hanging out on the beach at night, we were told if a bat got caught in our hair (and there were lots of them near the beach) we would have to shave our heads to get them out. They may fly close but they actually have great night vision and are too smart to get caught in our hair. Another worry bites the dust.

All and all, Ashville was a good visit. I felt more isolated than I have so far. The weather made it a bit harder to connect. Needless to say, different feelings come up no matter how beautiful the background and I am just accepting what comes.. I went to a great meditation meeting today and will probably go again tomorrow before I leave.

My next adventure? Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. I am going to the Maher Baba Center for a little retreat by the ocean. I'll canoe and hike. I'll be there for Easter weekend and then off to Charleston which is probably the next time I'll post. Happy Easter to all who celebrate and I'll see you in Charleston...

No comments:

Post a Comment